Hazardous waste management is an important part of any environmental project. Hazardous or “solid waste” is defined as materials that pose a threat to human health and the environment. Hazardous waste may come in many forms, including liquids, solids gases, and sludges.
From industrial manufacturing process waste to sludge and spills, BELFOR Environmental offers a full spectrum of waste management remediation services including:
- Hazardous waste identification
- Hazardous waste characterization
- Hazardous waste containment
- Hazardous waste cleaning
- Safe recycling, removal, storage and disposal
We strive to properly identify, characterize, and minimize waste streams.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has strict regulations in place for hazardous waste management. Our personnel are thoroughly knowledgeable in the complex regulations that apply to any situation involving hazardous waste. Our waste managers are trained in RCRA, TSCA and D.O.T. regulations.
Hazardous Waste Identification
Understanding the definition of a solid waste and the many regulations associated with it is an important first step in determining or identifying if the waste is a regulated hazardous waste. BELFOR Environmental teams are well trained in the identification or hazardous waste and the exclusions.
Hazardous Waste Characterization
BELFOR Environmental teams are also trained in characterizing hazardous waste for ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity or toxicity.
Hazardous Waste Clean Up
Facilities that treat, store or dispose of hazardous wastes are required to investigate and clean up contaminated soil, groundwater, and surface water. Our environmental teams have assisted clients with almost every type of hazardous waste clean up project.
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Because hazardous waste transporters move regulated wastes on public roads, highways, rails, and waterways, there are strict government regulations that must be followed.
BELFOR Environmental has preferred agreements with a variety of transportation, treatment and disposal firms to provide cost-effective alternatives for waste disposal needs.
BELFOR Environmental will select the most appropriate facilities for final disposal based on service, compliance, price, and client preference. Our transparent and unbiased selection process ensures each waste stream is managed properly and represent the best total project value for our clients.
For help with the removal of hazardous waste from your facility or property, call BELFOR Environmental at 1-800-930-0011.
BELFOR ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDOUS WASTE REMOVAL
HAZARDOUS WASTE REMOVAL
Construction on a residence ceased and the building sat idle for several years. During this time, pigeons were able to nest within the residence and create a nuisance health hazard. Pigeon guano was found on most horizontal surfaces and hard to reach locations.
BELFOR Environmental was responsible for cleaning all surfaces for biological contaminants. Services included:
- Installation of critical barriers
- Establishment of negative pressure
- Construction of a decontamination area with a clean room, shower and equipment room
- Final visual inspection by a third-party Industrial Hygienist
- Final clearance testing by a third-party Industrial Hygienist
- Encapsulation of the residence after the clearance testing passed
- Tear down and demobilization
The objectives of the project were to:
- Maintain the integrity of the building to prevent the migration of additional birds and other rodents from entering the residence;
- Prior to removal, all materials to be removed were wet down with a water and bleach solution (1:10) mixture to minimize any airborne dust potentially containing any vector borne organisms;
- Remove and properly dispose of all impacted materials;
- Obtain final clearance for biological hazards.